If you’ve heard anyone rave about CBD, you probably know that many people report experiencing a calming feeling from the cannabinoid. You might be wondering, on top of simply boosting relaxation, can CBD help with my anxiety and depression? In recent years, the medical and scientific field has conducted increasing research on CBD and how it works. Now, we have a deeper understanding of how it might alleviate psychological issues like anxiety and depression. Keep reading for an overview on the science behind CBD for stress relief, anxiety, and depression.
Scientific Findings on CBD for Anxiety and Depression
While there is no conclusive evidence that CBD can be used as a “cure” for anxiety or depression, there is sufficient evidence suggesting that it may alleviate symptoms. In a 2015 review by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a summary of over 45 studies on CBD for anxiety-related disorders found that there was stong evidence supporting CBD’s ability to help with a range of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
A later study conducted in 2019 found similar results in relation to CBD and depression. Evidence suggested CBD’s potential in providing an antidepressant effect on molecular mechanisms in the brain. While CBD is not classified as an official antidepressant, these findings also suggested that:
“CBD promotes both a rapid and a sustained antidepressant effect in animal models. CBD has a complex pharmacology, with the ability to interact with multiple neurotransmitter systems involved in depression, including the serotonergic, glutamatergic, and endocannabinoid systems.”
In conclusion, while CBD may not be regarded as a treatment for anxiety and depression by everyone in the medical industry, it does show qualities of an anxiolytic and antidepressant. So, if your question is: “Can CBD Help with My Anxiety and Depression?” The answer is that this may be very possible.
How to Use CBD Oil for Anxiety and Depression
If you decide to try out CBD, it will be helpful to know how to use CBD oil for anxiety and depression. Taking CBD is simple, but there are a few steps you can follow to ensure the best possible outcome:
- Opt for a sublingual oil – There are many forms of CBD, including topical CBD creams, edible candies and beverages, and CBD oil. Typically, a CBD oil that is consumed sublingually will be the most direct, fast-acting way to use CBD for anxiety and depression.
- Only use high-quality CBD – With a high volume of CBD brands on the market, some CBD oils are unfortunately less-than sufficient, and fail to provide any real benefits. Always make sure the CBD oil you purchase is third-party lab tested, broad or full spectrum, and made with high-quality ingredients.
- Determine your dosage – CBD dosage depends on your weight and age. Follow the dosage recommendations on your CBD bottle, or even try a smaller dosage the first time to gauge how much you need to take.
- Determine when you will take it – Some people take CBD as needed at the onset of symptoms. Others opt to take CBD daily to manage persistent symptoms. Since anxiety and depression are typically ongoing conditions, taking CBD daily in the morning or night is usually the best approach.
- Develop a routine – Developing a routine to maintain consistency is the best way to reap potential results when using CBD oil for anxiety and depression. Whether you take it in the morning, night, or something else, consistency is key.
Shop Silver Rain Products
Silver Rain is a premium producer of CBD oils with a range of products for various symptoms and needs. Take a look at our CBD for stress relief, anxiety, and depression at our store.